Subject: Re: get back into rockbox and accessibility

Re: get back into rockbox and accessibility

From: Daniel Dalton <d.dalton_at_iinet.net.au>
Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 12:51:49 +1100

On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 12:35:38PM +1100, Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> 2008/10/12 Daniel Dalton <d.dalton_at_iinet.net.au>:
> > On Sun, Oct 12, 2008 at 11:57:11AM +1100, Jonathan Gordon wrote:
> >
> >> How about working on fixing the patches you want so they can be committed?
> >
> > It seems a lot of the voice patches that we want won't be liked by the
> > sighted developers:
> > - for example a blind quickscreen
> the quickscreen talks already

I've got a patch that re-does the quickscreen so that there are button
maps for time, battery level volume talk clips on/off etc...

Sighted people wouldn't want that for example.

> > - New keymaps
> how is a keymap sight-specific?

I've written a patch that when you press a hot key from the wps it will
bring up sdoyon's playingtime work so a blind user can quickly see
length elapsed etc.
Where as a sighted user could probably see this info when just listening
to the song in the wps?

> > - Talking plugins using the one voice file
> talking plugins are/were being worked on for gsoc. The patch your
> talking about (iirc) isnt done in a way which we want... its not that
> its not wanted.

I'm not using 9067 I wrote my own patch exporting the talk functions to
the plugin api and just added all the strings in english.lang and then
called the voice functions from the plugins, since I didn't care about
voice size.

Should I send you all the patches I have installed so you know what I
mean?