Subject: Re: get back into rockbox and accessibility

Re: get back into rockbox and accessibility

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 10:26:54 +0200 (CEST)

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008, Daniel Dalton wrote:

> Accessibility is very important, and it is great that rb accepts this,
> because, I'm sure a lot of projects don't, but I don't see how adding a dir
> with accessibility diffs would affect your primary goal?

But what makes accessibility diffs any different than other diffs? They're all
patches and we currently have more than 300 open ones in the patch tracker.
While that is unfortunate and an overwhelming amount, I don't see why
accessibility patches need special treatment or a fast-track to svn in a
half-baked way!

I instead propose that we work exactly like we use to do: the patch author
posts the patch to the tracker. We discuss the patch, and I'll welcome more
discussions on specific patches on this mailing list, and then a committer
commits the patch when it is fine.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se