Subject: Re: get back into rockbox and accessibility

Re: get back into rockbox and accessibility

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2008 06:17:39 -0500

Daniel Dalton wrote:
> We could do that, or perhaps another way would be to put the
> accessibility directory in the root eg just above trunk... So then there
> is a sub svn check out server thing. Then perhaps certain people who
> want to work on accessibility patches, could have commit access to that
> source tree (only containing the accessibility stuff) and not the trunk
> of rb?

If the patches aren't suitable for application to SVN, why should they
be maintained instead of fixed and replaced?

Why exactly shouldn't they be worked on in the tracker?

We don't want people filing bug reports against patches we don't
maintain. And any patches that aren't applied by us qualify as "ones we
don't maintain." If they're in SVN, people will file bug reports. If
they're on the tracker, people will instead, having got them from the
tracker, post to their one tracker task with feedback making it easier
for you and others working on them to find comments about specific patches.