Subject: Re: Tag Cache DB File Format Question

Re: Tag Cache DB File Format Question

From: Magnus Holmgren <magnushol_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 18:17:32 +0200

Charles Mason wrote:

> The problem is that doesn't seem to solve my problem with the
> DataAbort I am getting. Could someone tell me what the memory address
> refers to and if there is a way to find out which chunk of code is
> generating it? Is there a "debug" build I need to be using?

The address is the program counter, i.e., it refers to the instruction
that caused the abort. Grab the rockbox.map file for the build you're
using. That should give you an idea where the problem is (which
function, with a little luck). To get the exact location, I've used a
disassembler on the rockbox.elf file used to create the final binary,
but I imagine a debugger can be used too.

   Magnus