Subject: Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

Re: discussion regarding adding settings (PLEASE add your 2 cents)

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 18:43:57 -0500

alex wallis wrote:
> But you can almost certainly guarantee there wil be at least one
> person who say decides they want to change an album so it gets
> shuffled for example. Yes I no that would lead to an inaccurate
> battery test, but i'm sure you will find there is at least one person
> out there who does that.
> Besides I like thomas's idea of being able to see what affect the use
> of other plugins has on battery life, it could make for some very
> interesting intertarget comparisons.
So you're proposing "make the Battery_Bench plugin less useful for its
original purpose, by allowing it to be used for other things too."

We need the battery bench as a decent means of comparing the battery
life with the original firmware's, and for getting logged information on
the discharge curves. It's not really something that needs to be
expanded for other purposes at the cost of its core duty.

Yes, people will misuse it by skipping tracks, but frankly we don't care
what they do in their own private space since their misuse of it doesn't
prevent or decrease the ability of the people using it properly to use
it properly. Making it less accurate overall DOES decrease the ability
of people who want to use it properly to do so.