Subject: Re: FS#9525 - change the ui to set the quickscreen items

Re: FS#9525 - change the ui to set the quickscreen items

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 13:16:38 -0000

> Your all probably sick of hearing about the quickscreen, so this is
> the last change...
>
> Turns out having the long list of available settings wasn't a
> brilliant idea so the new idea is to put a context menu on the
> settings in the menu.
> http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/9525 has two working patches. the
> first puts the context menu in the setting changer screen, the 2nd has
> it in the actual menu which makes it feel more like a context menu
> probably should.
>
> So, the question is which of those should be used, or is the list good
> enough?
> I tihnk this should be decided pretty quickly so the manual can be
> updated with the correct instructions, and so if the change happens it
> wont affect as many people. (the config doesn't change, only the way
> the items are set.) also, there is already one patch to translate the
> 4 added strings which this patch will replace...

Hi. I don't fully get how this patch changes UI behaviour, but maybe that's
because I really need to sit down and have a look at the new quick screen,
however I can't do that at the moment as I like to run a custom build, so
i'm not going to update untill the patches I put in that build are up to
date, however I am looking forward to having a look at the quick screen.
One thought that has already occurred to me though is are the settings
literally just in a huge list, or are the settings actually catagorised?