Subject: Re: Release schedule proposal

Re: Release schedule proposal

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 20:33:08 +1100

2008/11/5 Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>:
> On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Jonathan Gordon wrote:
>
>> I'm not against the idea, but I wonder what the point of releasing so
>> often is unless there was something big?
>
> I totally submit to the idea of doing regular time-based releases no matter
> if anything "big" is done or not. For the sake of offering "stable" releases
> to the crowds and to keep us on our toes by making sure we try to fix bugs
> and actually ship that stable thing every three months.
>
> Besides, doing the releases this way is not a large effort once we're on
> this train.
>
> --
>
> / daniel.haxx.se

I just wonder if it will start being pointless like the dailies?
Especially if the actually releasing part is scripted, then its just a
repackaged daily anyway. Sure the first one or two might have the full
support and done properly with actual decisions about what is a show
stopper and what isnt but would be really good to fix, but eventually
we might lose interest.