Subject: Re: Release schedule proposal

Re: Release schedule proposal

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 10:42:01 +0100 (CET)

On Wed, 5 Nov 2008, Jonathan Gordon wrote:

> I just wonder if it will start being pointless like the dailies?

For you and me and lots of others they will be pointless. For users they will
be a means to get the latest stable version that is no more than three months
behind the cutting edge.

> Especially if the actually releasing part is scripted, then its just a
> repackaged daily anyway.

No. There's a one week freeze for bug fixes, a branch and another week of bug
fixes. That's our way to make sure they're "stable" and not just a repackaged
daily.

> eventually we might lose interest

Well, "eventually" we might do a lot of things but I don't see this release
plan to be a thing that has a high risk of getting abandoned soon. And even if
we do give up the concept in the future, what's the harm?

--
  / daniel.haxx.se