Subject: Re: Codec Failure?

Re: Codec Failure?

From: Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker_at_bennee.com>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 11:57:36 +0000

On Mon, Nov 10, 2008 at 11:34 AM, Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> 2008/11/10 Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker_at_bennee.com>:
>> 1. What's "Codec Failure" mean. Have I neglected something at the
>> config stage? I just ran it and answered the questions selecting a
>> "Normal" build.
>
> it usually means you didn't copy over the enw codecs with a .ipod
> file... do a make zip and unzip that whole archive

Ahh, yes. I kind assumed the .ipod contained everything. So if I
extract the whole zip into a subdirectory will the new firmware pick
up all the additional codec files from there?

I assume that these library files are hard-coded to the firmware
otherwise the new firmware would have picked up the existing codecs
from the working installed copy?

Basically I'm looking for the easiest way to test new firmwares
without potentially killing my working install.

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/