Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Problem of tools/database
Problem of tools/database
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 18:38:30 +0900
Yesterday, tools/database committed.
The following problems exist for tools/database.
1. Build failure for Cygwin and MinGW.
Then tools/database does not execute on MS Windows.
- Cygwin and MinGW's gcc not supports -Wno-pointer-sign
- For Cygwin, firmware/export/debug.h:27, 29 parse error before "ATTRIBUTE_PRINTF"
- For MinGW, -ldl not necessary.
- For MinGW, apps/tagcache.c undefined reference to 'strcasestr'
apps/metadata/mp4.c undefined reference to 'errno'
2. tools/database depends on SDL library.
Because tools/database is console PC application, SDL library can be made unnecessary.
3. HAVE_LCD_BITMAP does not define.
Then database does not support codepage SJIS, GB2312, KSX1001, and BIG5.
4. When database is executed, it is not possible to change because ROCKBOX_DIR
is decided at build.
5. I have already contributed a similar patch file to database application. (FS#9371)
The above issue is solved to my patch file.
For svn.19448's commit, it fails to apply the patch of FS#9371.
Moreover, there are a lot of different parts of my patch with the change by Bj Should I update the patch file according to the source of the latest version?
I think that there are still a lot of problems though it was written
to have noticed roughly.
Received on 2008-12-16