Subject: Re: Auto saving playlists

Re: Auto saving playlists

From: Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker_at_bennee.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 15:30:34 +0000

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 3:23 PM, Marc Guay <marc.guay_at_gmail.com> wrote:
>> Ahhh OK. So it looks like most of the pieces would be there anyway.
>> What filename did it come up with to start? Was a dyn... type or the
>> original filename?
>
> The prompt actually simply allows you to stop the modified playlist
> from being lost - it doesn't lead you to a saving screen, which would
> make sense, I think. Or ever better, ask "Save changes to playlist?".
> When you do go to manually save the changes, though, it is named
> "dynamic" by default.

I find the virtual keyboard overly complex to quickly do things. Maybe
the prompt should do something like:

"Your about to destroy you current playlist:

1. Go Ahead
2. Save As "Last Playlist Name"
3. Save As ...."

Which would be a single click operation apart from 3 which would go
through to the virtual keyboard.

That would avoid messing with the existing Non-Dynamic/Dynamic
playlist logic and add it all code to the place where we know a
playlist will get destroyed.

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
CV: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/cv.php