Subject: Re: Default settings for the release

Re: Default settings for the release

From: Dominik Riebeling <dominik.riebeling_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 23:52:47 +0100

On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 11:27 PM, Jonas Häggqvist <rasher_at_rasher.dk> wrote:
> I think that's very flawed. The few people who do read all the options are
> exactly the users we need to consider when setting defaults: New and
> inexperienced users.

but do such users *not* use the scroll wheel / scroll buttons / etc
during that? I for myself quite like to hilight the item I'm currently
reading, thus the timeout isn't even reached nearly and a lower value
is more sane. No idea if the majority of new users just stare at the
screen and read it instead of exitingly scrolling around the same time

 - Dominik