Rockbox mail archiveSubject: Some battery benchs....
Some battery benchs....
From: Johannes Linke <johannes.linke_at_gmx.de>
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 16:06:11 +0100
I did some battery benchs, as kugel and some devs said they could help.....
i did all with my sansa e280, r19396 and the default settings.
1. mp3 VBR ~192kbps, showing wps of cabbie v2: *22:28*, but its not
2. .ogg VBR ~256kbps, cabbiev2, showing the main menu: *19:51*
3. .ogg VBR ~256kbps, cabbiev2, showing the wps: *18:03*
4. .ogg VBR ~256kbps, showing the wps of FreeState (a complex wps). i
added randomly 4 peakmeter tags to the .wps-file, in the wps 2
peakmeters were shown: *16:51*
5. .ogg VBR ~256kbps, showing an empty wps: *19:53*
6 .ogg VBR ~256kbps, showing the crippled FreeState-wps from 4., but
with http://www.rockbox.org/tracker/task/8523: *18:05*.
in short: runtime with a menu shown: 20h, with the cabbiev2-wps: 18h,
with a complex wps: 17h, the same wps with the patch: 18h, with a empty
wps: again 20h as the menu.
you see that showing a wps even when the backlight is off need power. a
"quick and dirty"-fix could be switching to a menu when the backlight is
off, switching back when its on again. but its not the prettiest solution :)
i hope this helps you a bit in improving the runtime of the players. if
the devs [and of course kugel ;)] think some more benchs with other
themes, patches etc. could be helpful, feel free to mail me
Received on 2008-12-22
Page was last modified "Sat May 23 08:12:40 2020" The Rockbox Crew