Subject: Re: Plugin API documentation

Re: Plugin API documentation

From: Björn Stenberg <bjorn_at_haxx.se>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2009 16:17:53 +0100

Maurus Cuelenaere wrote:
> But the point of all this is that you don't really need to look stuff up in
> plugin.h anymore, but rather use the documentation output for that.

Does anyone really want to do that? Seriously?

I'm all for making the code easy to understand, but I'm not so sure flooding plugin.h with verbose text for every single function is the best way to accomplish that.

In fact, most of the functions in plugin.h don't even need any documentation. And those who do need brief, to-the-point explanations of the non-obvious aspects. Not "_at_param x X coordinate".

--
Björn