Subject: Re: Summer of Code 2009

Re: Summer of Code 2009

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 05:35:01 -0600

alex wallis wrote:
> This idea gets my vote. It would make navigating around files a hell
> of a lot easier.
> I don't pretend to understand the technical issues, but I understand
> from a few discussions in the past it might be hard to implement.
It's less of a technical issue and more of the fact that it's still
quite hard to justify. When you're seeking quickly, by the time you've
heard the clip you're quite a distance past it anyway. If it's seeking
slowly, it's preventing quick seeking. Why is audible seeking better
than "seek, listen, seek, listen?"

I find with Rockbox I can seek _much_ faster in audiobooks than I could
in things with audible seeking.