Subject: Re: is the rockbox download site having problems?

Re: is the rockbox download site having problems?

From: Daniel Stenberg <daniel_at_haxx.se>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 23:25:16 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009, alex wallis wrote:

> Just wondering is the rockbox download site having problems? As I have
> almost finished setting up cygwin on my laptop but am having issues with
> getting what I need from the rockbox download site. I am putting in the url
> to the rockbox cygwin site, but it keeps popping up the following error when
> I hit next. Unable to get http://download.rockbox.org/cygwin//setup.ini.sig
> from <http://download.rockbox.org/cygwin/>

That happens because we don't host any "setup.ini.sig" file there.

And the reason we don't host any such file there, is that the .sig files are
what modern cygwin installers checks for to verify that the file (or is it
mirror?) is fine and valid.

We don't have any cygwin key to sign packages with, so your setup tool cannot
verify packages we host on the download server.

The CygwinDevelopment wiki page mentions this:

   In case you encounter an error regarding missing .sig file, supply the -X
   (--no-verify) command-line flag when using Cygwin's setup.exe. This can be
   added into the command-line invocation in a Windows shortcut, for
   convenience.

--
  / daniel.haxx.se