Subject: RE: Rockbox skips through Ogg files

RE: Rockbox skips through Ogg files

From: Mike Giacomelli <giac2000_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 18:51:13 -0700

> Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2009 19:22:35 -0600
> From: mpreath_at_gmail.com
> To: rockbox-dev_at_cool.haxx.se
> Subject: Rockbox skips through Ogg files
>
> I recently converted all of my music to Ogg format. Now rockbox won't
> play them, it just skips through the songs, then shows (root). What
> could be causing this?

Corrupt or invalid files and/or tags is a pretty common reason for Rockbox to skip files. Generally if it can't make sense of the header, it will skip the file. I would verify that you have valid files, and then if you do, post a link to one such file.

Windows Live™ Hotmail®…more than just e-mail.
http://windowslive.com/howitworks?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_t2_hm_justgotbetter_howitworks_012009