Subject: Re: last years gsoc projects

Re: last years gsoc projects

From: T.J. Ross <midgey34_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2009 14:16:43 -0500

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 10:07 AM, alex wallis
<alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>wrote:

> I am thinking for example of the accessibility improvements that were begun
> last year. The tracker entry for that hasn't been updated since august last
> year. I tried e mailing tom ross asking if he gave up on the project or what
> the status was if he hadn't, and he never replied.

I'm sorry about that Alex. I talked to moos on IRC and I assumed you and he
were the same person. I haven't abandoned the project, I've just been very
busy with real life. I mentioned in the logs the other day that I will be
spending some time this week on the accessibility patch. At the very least,
I hope to have it resynced and updated to work with the new build system.

I'll be the first to admit that I didn't do a very good job communicating my
status throughout the course of the summer last year. In the future,
students should have more communication with the group as a whole. I mostly
spoke with my mentors via email rather than utilizing the mailing list or
IRC. I'll be around this summer and I would be happy to give advice to this
year's batch of students.