Subject: Re: FS#9873 - Utilise buttons for playlisting

Re: FS#9873 - Utilise buttons for playlisting

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Mar 2009 12:40:57 -0600

Jonathan Gordon wrote:

> the h300/e200 ports have had nothing assigned to the rec button for
> over 2 years now... I think we can all agree they are spare... new
> ports its up to the developer, and exsisting targets... its up to the
> custom builders

Unused is not the same as spare. If this patch had been proposed before
the H300 port was released, with that intended to be the original
function of the short press, you couldn't use the "2 years" argument for
calling it spare. Come up with another definition for why it's a spare
button that isn't based on the fact that nobody bothered to do the work yet.