Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: FS#9873 - Utilise buttons for playlisting

Re: FS#9873 - Utilise buttons for playlisting

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2009 18:24:00 -0800

2009/3/4 Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>:
> Jonathan Gordon wrote:
>>
>> on the same token, why do you tihnk you know for sure that regular
>> insert is infact the most used playlist option?
>>

> If I was absolutely certain, I would've said "There is no option that can
> compare." Instead I opened the floor for people to suggest ones that might
> be similar. Since "Insert Last" is entirely duplicated by it, that's out. So
> that leaves an attempt to justify "Insert Next" as being more useful than
> "Insert", which seems unlikely unless you're in the habit of inserting songs
> in reverse order when building playlists. What about the "queue" options? Do
> you think they or "Insert Next" are more used? If so, why?

I'm not and never have suggested that I know what everyone's uses are
WHICH IS WHY I'M SUGGESTING WHAT I'M SUGGESTING....
I don't understand why you are arguing... I'm not doubting that insert
may be the most used.. but dont you think that if you used queue
next/last/shuffled it might be a pretty good chance that you would
likely want to do the same action again?