Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Regarding natural sorting (FS#8314)

Regarding natural sorting (FS#8314)

From: Magnus Holmgren <magnushol_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 2009 20:33:20 +0100

Hi,

When I looked at the natural sorting code (from FS#8314) the other day,
I noticed one small thing that seems a bit odd to me (and I didn't see
it mentioned in a quick read-through on the tracker): should it really
ignore differences in whitespace the way it does?

As an example, the following files (one file as one space in the name,
the other two have three):

    A b.txt
    A c.txt
    A b.txt

get sorted like this with natural sorting enabled:

    A b.txt
    A b.txt
    A c.txt

I can understand ignoring extra whitespace in front of numbers, but I'm
not sure about this... :)

   Magnus