Subject: Re: PortalPlayer USB for 3.2?

Re: PortalPlayer USB for 3.2?

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:47:33 +0100

On 15.03.2009, Frank Gevaerts wrote:

> Opinions?

I think we should ship 3.2 with portalplayer USB enabled. While
it does cause problems for a few users, the reboot-on-connect
method wasn't bug free either. Sometimes it hung and required a
hard reset and entering diskmode manually. Besides, diskmode is
slooow on Nanos and Videos.

As for the charging - other supported targets have the same
problem (charging very slowly in rockbox), namely the iAudios.

If we would ship the release with rockbox USB disabled, it will
see much less testing, as quite a number of users prefers
release versions over latest SVN for whatever reason. The
release notes accompanying the release always list known
issues, and that's where the potential problems should be
mentioned of course.

Regards, Jens