Subject: Re: how is strnatcmp aka "Interpret numbers while sorting" supposed to sort?

Re: how is strnatcmp aka "Interpret numbers while sorting" supposed to sort?

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 18:32:17 -0500

Dominik Riebeling wrote:
> Besides, from the users point of view I'd prefer to be in line with
> the major OSes. Not doing so will cause confusion among users. I don't
> think Windows treats leading zeros as intentional, and that is still
> the major OS.

It sounds like we're going to be ignoring plenty of things windows does
anyway. This change should, at least, be unnoticed by most users except
those who actually want the behaviour. Except in your rather awkward
theoretical case. I'm still not entirely sure why people would
physically reorganize their files rather than just creating a playlist.