Subject: question about location of information in lang files

question about location of information in lang files

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 16:07:07 -0000

Hi list.

I have a question about location of information in lang files that I hope
someone can help me with.

What I would like to know is does it matter in a lang file where information
is put, provided the rules are followed with regards to formatting and
conventions of structure.

For example, if a patch wants to put something after line 100 but the patch
is out of date and it can't be fitted there but the phrase it wants to put
in is still needed and the rest of the patch applied OK, would it be ok to
just stick it at the end of the lang file.

My reason for asking this is that I would like to test out the work that Tom
Ross has been doing in FS #9067.

However I am making a custom build and also including a load of patches made
by Sdoyon. But because of the major changes made buy fs #9067 most of the
lang file patches he created won't apply, even though the other bits of most
of his patches will apply.
So provided things don't have to be stuck in particular areas of the lang
file what I am planning to do is just copy and paste the various things that
his patches need at the end of the file. Even if that makes it look untidy
its only for my own personal use.

Thanks very much for any help.
Alex.