Subject: Re: question about location of information in lang files

Re: question about location of information in lang files

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 19:48:18 -0000

lang files

  The voice changes in FS #9067 are more of a proof of concept at this point. Splashes and menus should be automatically voiced due to the ID2P() macro. Blackjack also includes some explicit voice changes and in theory you could probably play a hand or two without using the screen.

  The actual voicing is just roughly done for Blackjack and so it is fairly confusing. I haven't touched any other plugins at this point other than Blackjack, Chopper, and Chessbox. Basically all strings in a plugin will be moved to the lang files unless it makes sense for them to be hardcoded. Blackjack's start page is untranslated because I plan on reworking it with a menu at some point.

  I see, do you think it might be possible for me to play chess without having to look at the screen?

  I would be very interested in playing solitaire, what would be the best way to make a start translating its strings? if I managed to get anywhere I would upload a patch to fs #9067 as guess any strings translated into the lang file would help when it comes to putting them into there own files.
  Am I right in thinking chopper is a graphical game that a person would need site in order to play?