Subject: Re: question about changes to the content on the rockbox homepage

Re: question about changes to the content on the rockbox homepage

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 09:22:39 -0700

2009/4/1 alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>:

>> Are you in a timezone where it is not yet midday?
>

> I don't understand your question.
>
> I am currently digging through the irc logs, and what I am reading is
> beginning to disturb me I really really hope rockbox hasn't sold out to
> apple and is not restricting development to a few hand picked people.
> I also really hope the project isn't going closed source and that we will
> still be able to build from source with patches created by ordinary users,
> and we won't be forced to have restrictions imposed on us by apple.
> I will be very disappointed if the apple hardware is the only players being
> developed for.
>
> I think its a very bad move posting news items like this and disabling svn
> access with no announcements as to the reason why. I think the people
> responsible should have waited till they were completely free to give
> explanations and posted announcements and explanations together.

Noone sold out... We merely came to a mututal agreement with the fine
people at Apple to discontinue support for all other targets and work
exclusivly on ipods and their upcoming devices... The great news here
(other than the wonderful cash bonus most of us will get :D ) is the
coming support for the entire ipod product range (including the
iphone!).. but we have to keep this hush for now...