Subject: Re: question about changes to the content on the rockbox homepage

Re: question about changes to the content on the rockbox homepage

From: alex wallis <alexwallis646_at_googlemail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 2009 18:00:51 +0100

> Noone sold out... We merely came to a mututal agreement with the fine
> people at Apple to discontinue support for all other targets and work
> exclusivly on ipods and their upcoming devices... The great news here
> (other than the wonderful cash bonus most of us will get :D ) is the
> coming support for the entire ipod product range (including the
> iphone!).. but we have to keep this hush for now...

You say you have not sold us out? your dropping support for all other
devices to concentrate exclusively on apple products, I think that is really
narrowing the projects focus.

I see this as a betrayal of the projects principles and selling us out.

Your abandoning all other rockbox users.

I hope someone sets up an alternative project to rockbox.

I think the community should have been consulted on the hole idea of doing
this.

I think the way this has just been announced as a done deal is extremely
under handed and I can't believe this has been allowed to happen, and i
think the phrase cash bonus says it all.