Subject: Re: Welcome gsoc2009 students

Re: Welcome gsoc2009 students

From: Robert Keevil <rkeevil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 2009 17:46:21 -0500

Dominik Wenger wrote:
> Hello Rockbox developers!
>
> We are proud to announce that Google will be paying five students to
> work on Rockbox this summer.
>
> [...]
>
> We wish all our students a successful and productive summer.

Hi everyone,

I'm Robert Keevil, aka obo, and I've been involved with Rockbox for a
few years now, but not as actively as I would have liked! I'm a
Computer Science student studying in Houston, TX, but originally I'm
from a little corner of Wiltshire in England.

My project is to begin a port to the Sansa View - it's a newer PP SoC
DAP from Sansa, using the previous MI4 format, but with an undocumented
LCD... Although this device is a little over a year old now it is still
for sale, and an interesting target because it comes with relatively
high capacity of internal storage for a flash device (8, 16 and 32 Gb).

I'd like to join MT in congratulating the other students and wish
everyone a successful summer of code!

Regards

Robert