Subject: Re: Bring me your broken MP4s, your twitchy AACs and other non-working m4a's

Re: Bring me your broken MP4s, your twitchy AACs and other non-working m4a's

From: Alex Bennee <kernel-hacker_at_bennee.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 08:55:51 +0100

2009/5/6 Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>:
> A known limitation, that I believe has to do with metadata parsing,

Yes, a limitation I'd like to fix :-)

> is that
> very long AAC files (several hours, audiobooks for example) don't
> work.

I'll see if my other half has some audiobooks around which could make
good test subjects.

> It
> may be that your patch already fixes this (if it parses to the end), I
> haven't checked, but either way it'd be something to note that it fixes if
> it does, and something to look into if it doesn't I guess.

There are two mp4 metadata parsers (code duplication!), one just for
the metadata and one for the codec. I've tweaked both so far to go
through the whole file. However currently the codec won't play more
than the first "mdat" atom.

--
Alex, homepage: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/
CV: http://www.bennee.com/~alex/cv.php