Subject: Re: Behaviour of the "natural" sort: consensus reached?

Re: Behaviour of the "natural" sort: consensus reached?

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 03:29:24 -0500

pondlife wrote:

> I vote to leave the code as it is. The algorithm is disabled by default
> anyway, right?

It really should be the default if we're going to put it in. The point
was for the file browser to behave more like PC-side ones that tend to
interpret numbers rather than treating it as an absolute string. I think
there was a bug report in the tracker (involving Roman numerals of all
things) a little while back though. The algorithm may still need a
little polish. Can we get a writeup from someone who knows *exactly*
what the behaviour is supposed to be?
> A bit OT - What's the status of USB for 3.3?

In my personal opinion, it's probably good to go for everything but
iPods right now. At the moment they don't charge (and in fact run down
the battery) during USB connection (at least under heavy disk use for
disk-based ones) so USB can actually be harmful if the battery dies at
the wrong time. If charging gets fixed, the only real downside is a
speed fix which looks to be on the horizon as well, but probably not for
3.3 from the sounds of it.