Subject: setting up a Cygwin environment

setting up a Cygwin environment

From: Georg Kellerer <gkellerer_at_wintotal-mitglied.de>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2009 20:24:35 +0200

Hi list,

I am new to the Rockbox-dev Mailinglist and want to set up a Cygwin
environemnt so that I can build a .voice-File for my Sansa. i used the new
Cygwin Setup (V1.7) which had an input box so i can search for the packages
i want to install. because of my blindness the normal Cygwin Setup isn't
accessible for me because the Package selection control doesn't work
together with Screenreader Software. Then i tried the new Cygwin Setup on
the Rockbox url, it exits with the errormessage that the setup-2.ini-File is
not pressent on this location. is there a posibility to provide the new
.ini-Format which nearly looks like the old one on the server? or does
anybody know a different way to install the packages without using the
normal Cygwin Setup tool?

Thanks for your help,
Georg