Subject: Re: setting up a Cygwin environment

Re: setting up a Cygwin environment

From: Jens Arnold <jens_at_jens-arnold.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2009 01:49:51 +0200

On 02.06.2009, Georg Kellerer wrote:

> a Cygwin environemnt so that I can build a .voice-File for
> my Sansa. i used the new Cygwin Setup (V1.7) which had an
-snip-
> Then i tried the new Cygwin Setup on the Rockbox url, it
> exits with the errormessage that the setup-2.ini-File is not
> pressent on this location. is there a posibility to provide

rockbox.org has no packages for Cygwin 1.7, only for Cygwin 1.5.
The two versions are incompatible. Cygwin 1.7 is still in beta
status. Once it's released, we'll probably supply packages for
it.

That said, I'm running Cygwin 1.7 on my new Vista 64 bit laptop,
and it's working fine. I've built the crosscompilers myself. I
could even try to provide cygwin packages if I knew how...

Regards, Jens