Subject: GSOC communication

GSOC communication

From: Alex Parker <parker.alex.e_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jun 2009 23:01:48 +0200

Hello GSOC students,

We hope that by now you have got to grips with your project and are
progressing nicely. We would like to remind you that aside from code, the
most important aspect as far as we are concerned is communication with the
community. To this end, we would very much like any non-personal
conversations to take place in the #rockbox IRC channel or on the
development mailing list, rather than privately between mentor and student.
This will enable the entire community to become involved in your projects,
and of course you to become involved in the community. At the least, we
would like (read: require) you to write a weekly e-mail to the development
mailing list outlining your progress and any problems that you have had
during that week. Let's say on the Friday/Saturday of each week.

Thanks very much, and keep up the good work!

The Rockbox devs.