Subject: Adding RM support - Weekly update

Adding RM support - Weekly update

From: Mohamed Tarek <mtarek16_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 00:51:42 +0300

Hello,

Other than measuring the average cpu time needed by the decoder, in
preparation for measuring the speedup gained by using our imdct code, and
gathering some ideas from the channel, there's been no significant progress
this week, still struggling with my finals.

Some issues I'm thinking of though are that using our imdct library, I'll
have to figure out how to make it compile with the test program outside
rockbox. Also, librm has some code that is needed by the test program, but
won't compile in rockbox, since codecs can't have access to core functions
like file access. (correct me?)
I think a workaround could be conditional compiling, but still, can't really
do anything about it now.

I'd appreciate any suggestions here.

Cheers,
MT