Subject: Re: Error building ipodpatcher

Re: Error building ipodpatcher

From: asettico <asettico_at_rossomaltese.it>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 15:10:58 +0200

*In data 13/06/2009 20:03, Bryan Childs ha scritto*:
> The *only* way to brick an ipod is to perform a hard reset whilst it's
> performing an *Apple* firmware upgrade. You simply cannot do it with
> Rockbox tools, it's ALWAYS possible to recover it.

My experience learnt to me that absolute statements always hide some
swindle! ;-)
Ok, I was joking, and standing on what I've understood about the RB
tools, they never touch the flash binaries, so the emergency disk mode
should always be accessible, but it would be one more headache!
--
  ,= ,-_-. =.  asettico ~ [ http://rossomaltese.it/   ]
((_/)o o(\_)) OpenPGP ~~ [ 1024D/1CB926BA 2003-11-29 ]