Subject: Re: committal of patch

Re: committal of patch

From: Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 08:40:43 -0500

Thomas Martitz wrote:

> That seems like a good idea to me, I was always in favor of some kind
> of "Turn on accessibility features" setting :)
>
> Best regards.
Accessibility features shouldn't be grouped as a single setting, nor
should they be named "accessibility" if they aren't exclusively used for
that. Voice, for example, is plenty useful to sighted users trying to
use their player more safely in the car.

It's possible that they could all be placed under a "Voice and
Accessibility" submenu though, so that it mitigates settings bloat by
having them all behind a single gateway menu.

And this setting shouldn't be dependent upon voice. There's no reason to
force it on people using voice who don't want beeps too.