Translations

Rockbox mail archive

Subject: Re: committal of patch

Re: committal of patch

From: Andrew Hart <ahart_at_dim.uchile.cl>
Date: Sun, 14 Jun 2009 22:02:24 -0400

alex wallis wrote:
[snip]
> Hi Paul I understand you want to know why I find this patch useful.
> Well I actually didn't know that holding the joystick in a given
> direction continuously would take me to the end of a list and stop me
> there,
> as a side note, perhaps the manual should be updated to say this?

That's neat. Since the lists are circular, I would never have thought
that holding the key down, which normally repeats, would stop at the
list ends. It is inconsistent behaviour from a UI design point of view,
but a handy feature to have. I never new about it either. If it is in
the manual, I must have missed it.

Incidentally, Alex, my trick for getting quickly to the beginning of a
directory is to back up to the previous level (left arrow) and enter the
directory again (right arrow). To get to the end, I do the same thing
followed by a press of the up arrow. The two downsides of my method are
that it involves a disk spin-up each time you do it and, of course, you
can't do it on the root directory since the Files item on the main menu
places you on the file that was highlighted the last time you were in
the file browser.

Cheers,
Andrew.