Subject: Re: jdgordon: r21307 - trunk/apps

Re: jdgordon: r21307 - trunk/apps

From: Manuel Dejonghe <manuel_at_dejonghe.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:01:19 +0200

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 7:40 PM, Dave Chapman<dave_at_dchapman.com> wrote:
> Or is the general feeling that this change is better than what was there
> before?

I don't know if my opinion is still of any value on this list. If not,
please let me know and ignore me further.

I too find it annoying to run into that non-skippable splash screen
from that misleading menu entry (misleading in the case it can't
resume anything). So IMHO, this change is a small improvement and a
not so bad compromise.

Since removing the entry "in case where appropriate" is of course no
option, how about something like to grey it out ?

It would be visually as explanatory as the new string, could keep the
same behaviour (splash screen) when activated, would mean no problem
in wording, and would be a bit more towards GUIs many people already
know about.

~lImbus