Subject: Re: jdgordon: r21307 - trunk/apps

Re: jdgordon: r21307 - trunk/apps

From: Al Le <al.le_at_gmx.de>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 23:21:03 +0200

On 16.06.2009 20:26, Paul Louden wrote:

> I really don't think removing the menu item would be that bad when
> there's no playback to resume, personally.
> [...]
> We show or hide the recent bookmarks entry (if I recall correctly) based
> on certain conditions.

Bookmark item is shown based on an option explicitly set by the user.
And that setting doesn't change very often (my guess). Hence there will
hardly be suprise at this point.

But the condition whether there is something to resume or not changes
rather frequently. Hence the menu would also change frequently, which
isn't good IMO.

I fully agree with Alex Parker who said:

> I don't see how it is a lie at all - you say resume playback please, it says sorry, can't.

This is a very logical behaviour that hardly would surprise anyone since
it's how we communicate.

I understand why this change was made, but out of two troubles ("Not
knowing whether resuming playback is possible" and "Weird and
meaningless menu entry") I'd choose the former.