Subject: sdl_audio_callback: No Data.

sdl_audio_callback: No Data.

From: David Johnston <david_at_pinkandaint.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 20:20:19 -0700

sdl_audio_callback: No Data.

Can anyone tell me what causes this error? I'm trying to make some
tweaks to the pitch screen based on a conversation I was involved in a
few days ago in IRC. When I enabled semitone pitch adjustment and
timestretching at the same time and adjusted up a half step, my h120
simulator spat out that error and skipped to the next song. Not being
well versed in the workings of the timestretching or sound output code
I'm not sure what's going on. It seems like a buffer underrun of some
sort, but I don't know why a half-step change in pitch would do that.

The problem doesn't occur when adjusting speed, or when adjusting
pitch by percentage. It only occurs when adjusting pitch by semitone
from an unprocessed position (speed == pitch). It's as if starting up
the timestretching with such a large change just shocks the player
into not doing anything and just skipping to the next song.

-David