Subject: Re: Customizable Long vs. Short button press

Re: Customizable Long vs. Short button press

From: Al Le <al.le_at_gmx.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 10:46:09 +0200

On 17.06.2009 10:38, Paul Louden wrote:
> Is this actually a problem users have been complaining of somewhere?
>
> Every player I've used has had enough resistance in the button that if
> you just press it and then relax your finger, it will unpress itself for
> you. Given that we give quite a decent amount of time until it's
> considered a long-press already, are there users experiencing real
> difficulty managing short presses of buttons?

I know at least two. They didn't complain on the forums because they
don't know there is such thing. You describe it correctly: "you just
press it and then relax your finger." The point is that between these
two events (press and relax) different people (unconciously) make a
pause. It's hard to measure but it may be enough to make a long press
out of an intended short one.