Subject: Re: jdgordon: r21307 - trunk/apps

Re: jdgordon: r21307 - trunk/apps

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2009 20:35:33 +0200

Daniel Stenberg schrieb:
> On Tue, 16 Jun 2009, Paul Louden wrote:
>
>> I think abortable timed splashes is a recipe for accidental keypresses.
>
> Thinking about it further, I can only agree. The only way to safely
> prevent that would be to use a key that MUST NOT be used for anything
> on the screen following the splash, but that'll be a worse restriction
> than not being able to dismiss the splash in the first place.
>
> So for these reasons I'm switching camps. Let's leave the splash as it
> was.

What the current splashes are doing is worse. You can press buttons, and
they'll be processed after the splash in the sequence you pressed them.
So if you pressed some up/down/select/w.e. combo (in the hope you can
cancel it, or because you're bored or whatever) bad things can happen.

Cancelling on ACTION_STD_CANCEL and eating the button pressed seems
actually like the most safe solution to me.

Best regards.