Subject: Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 10:43:26 +0200

Paul Louden schrieb:
> Seriously, you can't be this mathematically challenged - if the
> feature can be enabled at all on Clip, then we can afford to have it
> permanently enabled. If we can't afford to have it permanently
> enabled, then there's not enough RAM to optionally enable it either.
Is this the new way of arguing about ram intensive features? So we don't
we also enable dircache, ramcache, cuesheet support and a huge max files
in directory setting by default? I mean, if a target can't handle that
the options should be removed, correct?

I heavily disagree. Ram intensive features should always stay optional.
People willing to give up some battery runtime for a feature are free
to do so. People who are not get their maximum battery runtime.

Best regards.