Subject: Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

Re: Replaygain without a setting, and other menu cleaning.

From: Magnus Holmgren <magnushol_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 13:30:06 +0200

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 12:29, Paul Louden <paulthenerd_at_gmail.com> wrote:

This is where you're confused - replaygain is only used if you have a value
> in your files. You'll notice the option was never offered "toggle use of
> album name tag" or "toggle use of track name tag." Everywhere else we assume
> your files are properly tagged.

But those tags don't affect playback; replaygain does. Replaygain usually
lowers the volume, sometimes quite much (up to 10 dB on "modern" albums).
Other tags are only used for display or searching, and are not very
important to get right.

--
 Magnus