Subject: sound.c and dsp.h

sound.c and dsp.h

From: David Johnston <david_at_pinkandaint.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 16:10:39 -0700

In trying to get my pitch screen stuff to compile on non-SWCODEC targets
I've run into some issues in sound.c. Basically, several things are that
defined in dsp.h are redefined in sound.c. There's a comment that says we
don't want to #include dsp.h, but I'm not clear as to why. Couldn't we just
break apart dsp.h so that the "safe" stuff is in a different header that we
can include? That way there wouldn't be this need for kludgey things like
redefining an enum or a function prototype that are already defined in
another header (thereby making errors much more likely as the two files get
out of date from each other).

-David