Subject: Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 00:18:35 +0200

Jonathan Gordon wrote:

> And how are you going to show the theme has been modified?
>
> Also, (to steal one of Lloreans arguments...), what is the point of
> hiughlighting the currently(-sorry, last selected) theme anyway? the
> only reason to go into that list is to *change* the theme and in that
> case there is never a need to know which the last theme was.

We can add a global_status flag which is marked dirty if a theme that's
flagged as theme setting is changed, and reset if a theme was selected
in the themes browser (or generally if a selected .cfg contained 1 or
more theme settings).

If it's been modified it doesn't have to be shown in place of the last
selected theme, it could also be a special entry. I under the impression
that giving an indicator what theme the modified one is based off is a
neat thing.

Al Le wrote:
> On 29.06.2009 23:47, Thomas Martitz wrote:
>
>> I imagine having the last loaded theme showed as modified with giving
>> the user a possiblity to "save as..." is a very nice feature (plus
>> that's what the major OSes also do).
>
> In that case, we should also provide such feature for all other sorts
> of settings (sound/recording/eq/...) -- for consistency reasons.
I agree.