Subject: Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:19:48 -0700

2009/6/29 Al Le <al.le_at_gmx.de>:
> On 30.06.2009 00:02, Paul Louden wrote:
>
>> We now present "Fonts" as if it were simply a setting, rather than a file
>> browser. This distinction is actually beneficial, because changing the font
>> just changes one value (current font) and if that value is changed elsewhere
>> (maybe by loading a .cfg file such as a theme) the font list *should* (I
>> don't know if it does) update to the new currently selected one. In this way
>> it can absolutely show the "value" that is in use.
>
> This would also work for themes. If a theme setting is changed (no matter
> how -- manually or by loading a .cfg) then we can add an asterisk to the
> pre-selected theme (or do some other things that have been proposed here).
> So we can always tell whether the current state exactly corresponds to the
> theme or not.

No it wouldnt. select a theme, now go and manually change every aspect
of the theme through the settings... your theme is now nothing like
the loaded one and selecting the previous one doesnt make sense at
all.

> I agree that it's not that critical for themes, but I think it would make
> the user interface more consistent. Another question is whether this
> consistency is worth the binary size increase etc.

normally I hate delta arguments, but when other small ideas are shot
down because of delta, but then this sort of thing can go in...
well... im not a happy panda