Subject: Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

From: Jonathan Gordon <jdgordy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 15:50:48 -0700

2009/6/29 Al Le <al.le_at_gmx.de>:
> On 30.06.2009 00:31, Paul Louden wrote:
>
>> This is basically the point I bring up any time I bring up binsize - is it
>> worth more than other things we could do with this space?
>
> But it's something different. Here you say: I have one good thing (a
> feature) and another good thing (small binary). What is better? I fully
> agree that we should weigh that, i.e. compare two positive numbers
> (=usefullness of the things).
>
> In the previous argumentation you say that the pre-selecting the theme is
> not a good thing at all. So there is nothing to consider at all. I.e. we
> compare a positive and a negative number. The result is clear in that case.

At this point I'm going to bow out of the discussion with this comment....
*If* the patch does nothing but preselect the last selected config
then I wouldn't exactly be happy, but I'd let it slide... any extra
complication trying to do dirty checking, or reverting or other
weirdness I'd strongly object to on the grounds that the codebase is
difficult enough as it is without making it worse with obscure
features which are not necessary.