Subject: Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

Re: Center on loaded theme FS#10391 (+ set_file bugfix FS#10392)

From: Thomas Martitz <thomas.martitz_at_student.htw-berlin.de>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:11:59 +0200

Paul Louden schrieb:
> Thomas Martitz wrote:
>>
>> This is a one time thing, covered by the manual. They'll learn, ask,
>> or read what it means, then get used to it pretty quickly. And love it.
>>

> That's a pretty bold statement - they'll love something that's almost
> useless except in the rare occasions that you've forgotten what theme
> you last selected. It's not a major feature, and I don't think it's
> worth adding yet another situation in which the user must read the
> manual just to understand a basic thing that's going on, when it's
> absolutely unnecessary an is, at the very best, describable as a tiny
> improvement for some users.

Do you really think we can never have features which don't require the
manual at all? We are making a OS, not some sort of check
point-and-click app for aiding ebay bidding. And this is a thing which
you need to read *once* about (if at all, depending on how we mark the
entry it could be just obvious since known from desktop apps), we
already have plenty of his situations.