Subject: Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

Re: FS#10343: Resume playback even if it reached the end and stopped

From: pondlife <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 14:48:45 +0100

> If I understood Paul's objections correctly, the power off case was
> exactly the special case (that's why I mentioned power off in the response
> to you). Paul suggested, that, if the playlist ended "naturally", i.e.
> played to the end (and hence playback stopped), and then the player was
> switched off (manually or automatically through idle timeout), the
> playback should NOT automatically start the next time the player is
> switched on. We're talking about this particular case only.

Ah, gotcha.

Personally, I would want it to restart automatically in this case - because
it would be consistent and (particularly) for use as an alarm clock. But I
might have missed an earlier message giving a case where the opposite
behaviour would be desirable, feel free to restate such cases for my benefit
;-)

pondlife